Are you interested in grays inn scholarships?, Check below to see everything you need to know about this scholarship.
Grays inn scholarships
Gray’s will award at least £1.3 million in scholarships each year.
In 2022 Gray’s Inn expects to award 25 to 35 GDL scholarships worth £2,500 to £12,000.
Our GDL Scholarships support students undertaking full or part time law conversion courses. A conversion course is any postgraduate course that qualifies a student to undertake the vocational component of Bar training up completion.
The Dame Joyanne Bracewell, David Karmel and William Charnley Scholarships are our most prestigious awards.
All GDL Scholarships are awarded on merit. Each scholar will receive a base award of £2,500, with the option of applying for additional means-tested funding.
There are two exceptions. The William Charnley scholar and the Dame Joyanne Bracewell scholar will receive a base award of £12,000 and £10,000 respectively.
All GDL scholars automatically qualify for a Bar Course Scholarship interview and, if successful at interview, their basic financial Bar Course Scholarship award starts at £7,500..
Grays inn scholarships Key application dates
Key application dates
- For students intending to study their conversion course from September 2022.
Applications open: 14 March 2022
Application deadline: 6 May 2022
Interviews: 21, 22 June 2022
Gray’s Inn shortlists candidates for interview. Applicants will be informed whether they will be invited to interview at the start of June 2022.
How to apply for grays inn scholarships
All applications must be submitted through the Gray’s Inn Online Scholarship System. You can create an account at any time, even if it is outside of an application period.
You must intend to practise at the Bar of England and Wales in order to be eligible for this scholarship.
Two references are required to support your application. Read the Referee guidance.
Grays inn Named Scholarships
Scholarships are normally named after prominent Members of the Inn. Our named GDL scholarships are:
- David Karmel Scholarships
- William Charnley Scholarship
- Dame Joyanne Bracewell Scholarship
- Anthony Bessemer Clark Scholarship
- Ann Ebsworth Scholarship
- Nina Lowry Scholarship
- Graeme Hamilton Scholarship
- Sheila Mars-Jones Scholarship
- Leonard Caplan Scholarship
- Tatjana Finkelstein Scholarship
- Sir James Hunt Scholarship
- Ellice Aylmer Eadie Scholarship
- Josephine Barnes Scholarship
- Dame Juliet Wheldon Scholarship
- Sir Gilbert Gray Scholarship
- Frances Moran Scholarship
- Edmund James Lawson Scholarship
- Sir Elihu Lauterpacht Scholarship
- Enoch Dumbutshena Scholarship