Political science Subject combination for both WAEC, NECO and JAMB and universities where you can study it.
Political Science is a branch of social science which teaches a student about the state, global politics and government. Not only in India, but this course is one of the most opted courses around the globe as well. Political Science deals with the working of the state, government, various agencies, and how one can use the theoretical knowledge about one’s country in the real or practical world for the betterment of the same.
Greek Philosopher Aristotle defined political science as “It is the course that deals with the study of the state.” The way politics is changing around the globe, people need someone who can tell them what is going on around them? We need people who can question every stage of politics and where it’s leading our country. Political scientists have become so important today that they can be seen participating in every political debate on every news channel.
Unlike, other courses like medical or engineering, a student from any academic background can learn the depths and insights of this subject.
politica science Subject combination in JAMB
The list of JAMB subjects required to study Political Science are:
Use of English
Two other Social Science or Arts subject
Subject combination for political science in ( WAEC and NECO ).
O Level (WAEC and NECO) Subject Combination For Political Science
The subjects needed to study Political Science in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE.
The O level subjects required for Political Science must include the following:
Any other three subjects from Arts/Social Science with at least a pass in Mathematics, and A trade subject.
O level subject combination for political science
Candidates must obtain at least five (5) O’ level credit passes including English Language, Mathematics, any two other Social Science subjects including Government and any other subject at not more than 2 sittings. Candidates must possess at least two A’ level passes in Government and any other Social Science subject
Subject combination for political science in unical
The (4) JAMB subject combination for Political Science in UNICAL is as follows.
And two other Social Science or Arts subjects.
Careers and job available for those who study political science
Places Where One can work with a Degree in Political Science
Various Career opportunities in Political Science include;
- Government and Advocacy Jobs.
- Law Careers.
- Lobbyist Professions.
- Business Fields.
- Journalism Occupations.
- Teaching Positions.
List of Universities in Nigeria Offering Political Science.
Below contains various Universities in Nigeria that one can study Political Science and they are as follows;
Schools offering political science
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Achievers University Owo
- Adamawa State University, Mubi
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko
- Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot-Akpaden
- Al-Qalam University, Katsina
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Anambra State University, Uli
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Bauchi State University, Gadau, Bauchi State
- Bayero University, Kano
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Bingham University, Karu
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Caleb University, Imota
- Caritas University, Amorji-Nike, Enugu
- Chrisland University, Owode, Ogun State
- Christopher University, Mowe, Ogun State
- Covenant University, Canaan Land, Ota
- Delta State University, Abraka
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Edwin Clark University, Kiagbodo, Delta State
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu
- Federal University, Birnin-Kebbi, Kebbi State
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina State
- Federal University, Gashua, Yobe State
- Federal University, Gusau, Zamfara State
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State
- Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State
- Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State
- Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa State
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State
- Fountain University, Osogbo
- Godfrey Okoye University, Urgwuomu- Nike
- Gombe State University, Tudun Wada, Gombe
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Hezekiah University, Umudi, Imo State
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna
- Kogi State University, Anyigba
- Kwara State University
- Madonna University, Okija
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce
- Nigerian Police Academy, Wudil, Kano State
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Novena University Ogume
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Obong University, Obong, Ntak
- Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye
- Plateau State University, Bokkos
- Redeemers University
- Renaissance University, Ojiagu-Agbani, Enugu
- Ritman University,Ikot-Ekpene,Akwa-Ibom State
- Sokoto State University, Sokoto
- Southwestern University, Okun-Owa, Ogun State
- Summit Univerity, Offa, Kwara State
- Tansain University, Oba, Anambra State
- Umaru Musa Yaradua University, Katsina
- University of Calabar, Calabar
- University of Ibadan, Ibadan
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Jos, Jos
- University of Lagos
- University of Maiduguri
- University Of Mkar, Gboko
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- University of Uyo
- Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto
- Wellspring University, Irhihi/Ogbaneki, Benin City
- Wesley University Of Science And Technology. Ondo
- Yobe State University, Damaturu
Frequently asked questions about Subject combination for political science
Here are some questions students asks concerning the subject combination for political science and their answers.
Q: Why study political science?
A: Studying Political science enables one to deepen his/her understanding of policies and laws of the land. Apart from the fact that a political science degree holder has a lot of opportunities in terms of employment, they can also pursue a bright career if they opt for higher studies.
Q: What are the major topics in political science?
A: Political science has many branches and sub-branches; majorly it includes topics like state politics, political economy, comparative politics, political philosophy and international relations.
Q: Is being a political science graduate enough to land a job in the concerned field?
A: There are job opportunities for Political science graduate in different government offices and in private sector organizations as well. However, it is advised to go for higher studies as it brightens the chances of getting jobs.